Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Trip to the Fire Station




Today Peyton's preschool, took a field trip to the fire station in Burley. His teacher asked me to help drive, so Brynn and I got to tag along. It was a lot of fun. They first watched a fire safety video that taught them what to do in case of a fire. And then the fireman picked Peyton to put on his helmet. Peyton thought that was pretty neat. Although he was kind of disappointed the bell didn't ring and all the fireman didn't zoom off in their fire trucks. I tried to explain to him that it was a GOOD thing that they didn't have to leave because that meant no one was hurt, but how do you explain that to a FOUR year old? At the end they had a fireman slide down the famous fire pole. And Tyler has been telling Peyton that he is going to put one on his new swing set and Peyton hasn't been too impressed. But after that field trip, he has been really excited to have one.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you took pictures. I might have to steal some of those off your blog. They look like they had a lot of fun!

Silcock Family said...

Brynn is so cute in that hat! looks like the kids had a good time and probably learned some very important things!