Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Tribute to Rachel
































This last week, we lost a sweet and determined little girl. Our neighbor and friends lost their little daughter. I have posted about my friend Emy, and the trials her and her family have gone through. They are all great examples to us and we are so happy to have them in our lives. Tyler and I had the opportunity to have Rachel and her sister, Rebecca in our primary class a couple of years ago. They are the sweetest girls and will give you the biggest smiles. The day Rachel passed away the whole community came together and had a candlelit vigil held in Rachel's honor. The Scouts came and gave the family a rose while the whole group sang "I am a Child of God" and "Families Can Be Together Forever." I just had chills while everyone was singing. I was thinking how wonderful it is to live in this community. It was very sweet. I think the family enjoyed it and I thought it was very fitting for such a sweet little girl. We are all better people for knowing Rachel and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to be know her.

2 comments:

Darrington Family said...

Melissa, You are awesome! Thank you for all you've done.

Ericka said...

I'm so sorry for you and her family. That's really cool how everyone came together though. The gospel is such a blessing isn't it?
P.S. I will call you this week sometime to see when we can get together...sorry last week didn't work out.