


My friend Kenna heard about this orchard that is near Twin where you could go and pick peaches and pears for $0.59 a pound. She had a great idea that we could all just make a day of it and eat at Cafe Rio and pick peaches. I unfortunately couldn't go on the day they were going because we were going down to Utah, for my cousin's wedding. So they graciously picked some for me. I didn't realized how much time these babies take to can. I have never canned peaches before and never really have ever had the desire to do so, but since they were so cheap, I thought what the heck. I mean my life isn't busy enough with volleyball, house chores, kids, kid's activities, church and everything else going on. I ended up canning 18 jars of peaches and getting about 10 jars of jam. I love the feeling you get AFTER all the hard work of preserving and canning. And they look so pretty up on my shelf in my store room. The next day Peyton asked for some peaches and I wanted to scream, NO!!! Do you know how long it took to can these? I didn't say that but I did tell him he had to wait at least a week before we could eat them!





1 comment:
i wish all those jars were sitting on my shelf. one word...jealous. i wish i knew how to can. maybe when we move out to the suburbs...one day :)
Post a Comment