
Mom, Me, Jonathan, Kailynn

Mom and Charles

Waiting in the chapel for the ceremony to start

Me, Mammaw (isn't she so pretty?), and my beautiful cousin, Chelsea

Me, Mammaw, Mom, A. Mary-K, and Chelsea



Exchanging the rings

Mr. & Mrs. Buddy Whiddon


My awesome, crazy family! Gotta love em'!

Thanks to my awesome husband, I was able to go to Florida for a few days and attend my Grandma's wedding. I didn't tell my mom or Mammaw, so it was a complete surprise to them. When I found out Mammaw was getting married, I just expected not to go. I had a volleyball tournament that weekend and didn't want to leave my family. But Tyler insisted that I go. We had some reward miles I was able to redeem and so that worked out great. I knew that no matter what I have going on in my life, that Mammaw would always be there for me. I was going to take Landen, since he doesn't cost a ticket, but Tyler told me to just go by myself and enjoy my family! (He's a great husband!) It was such a fun trip. I flew overnight on Thursday and got their Friday morning. My cousin, Leslie picked me up and I went to my mom's school to surprise her. She just kept staring at me like she was not comprehending that I was there. And then when she got off work, we headed up to Georgia to surprise my grandma. When she saw me she just kept hugging me and crying. IT was great! And then we went out to dinner and I told her that this was her "bachelorette party." Saturday I went to Panama with my mom, Kailynn, Whitney, Aunt Gwynn, and Leslie for a day out shopping and hanging out. It was great to not have any deadlines and to just enjoy my family! Mammaw was married on Sunday in the Climax, Georgia Baptist church. We attended their church meeting and then their ceremony was right after. Mr. Buddy's(Mammaw's fiancee) son was able to marry them. It was really special because Wayne (Mr. Buddy's son) is suffereing from brain cancer, so it was a great thing for him to be able to marry them. Afterwards we ate at A. Mary-K's and Durwood's house. When we came home Aunt Gwynn made me my favorite dish of her's, spaghetti. I just love her spaghetti! I just have to say that I have the best family in the WORLD! I love spending all the time I can with them. I am glad that my Mammaw is happy and is with such a great man. Thanks to everyone for helping me pull this secret mission off! :)
4 comments:
I am so glad you had fun such a good weekend. But as I was reading this post, I kept hearing you say "My Mammaw's Weddin', not wedding. :0)
She looks so happy and I bet they were so glad you came.
What a fun surprise! So happy you got to visit your family.. and be there with your grandma. :D
Where's a picture of your beautiful cousin, Leslie?
That is so special! What an amazing trip and I'm sure your Mammaw was so happy you were there for her special day! Glad you got to come! And thumbs up to your great husband for making it possible! He's a good guy!
Post a Comment