Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Harvest Dinner


Robbie, Peyton, and Megan
Cinda (she is a great decorator!)

Emery and the Young Men were in charge of setting up the tables and chairs)



Megan, Jordan?, and Donna
Megan, Me, and Robbie ( I look so weird because I couldn't wear eye makeup b/c of my surgery!)



Cade and Noah



President Turner and Lynn Hansen


Robbie, Gyda, Me, Chris, Gina, and Nita (Nita was a life-saver!!)
Robbie and Lolly [me and Lolly have a love/hate relationship; I love her and she hates me, but we are working on it! :)]

Robbie and I were just recently called to be on the Activities Committee. I was so grateful that Robbie was put in there with me. She is so creative and she gets things DONE! The chairmen were out of town, so we had to pull this off all on our own. We were stressed, but we got it all done. We had a ton of help from the great people in our ward. Some people came before the party and helped us set up and decorate. And then everyone pitched in and took down everything and helped to get the dishes all washed. We have such kind and amazing people in our ward. Either that or they just really felt sorry for Robbie and I. :) Anyways, the dinner was great and we had some great entertainment. Our bishop's wife went and bought bags of Halloween candy and we held random contests for people to compete for the bags of candy. We had a cake-eating contest, a jello-slurping contest, a potato-peeling contest, a swine calling contest, and bird calling contest, an arm-wrestling contest, a potato sack race, and a hand-stand contest (our friend, Holly won!). Peyton competed in the bird calling contest. He made a duck noise and sounded great! My awesome mother-in-law, Kristen, and Great Grandma Silcock came and helped with my kids (Tyler was out-of-town). Can't wait for the Christmas Party! :) (I can't take any credit for the pics, they are mostly Robbie's and Emery took a lot of them with my camera! Thanks guys!)

No comments: