This is my great-aunt Doris. She is the greatest lady. She makes delicious hamburgers and the best Congo bars I have ever had!






Grandma has painted alot of paintings of the First Vision. Our local church building has some of her paintings hung on the walls.
My favorite paintings are her flower paintings and her scenery paintings (places in Florida like swamps, lakes, rivers, etc.)The weekend before we left we visited with my Grandma Gentry and Great-Aunt Doris. My grandma is an amazing artist and paints beautiful paintings. People have come and bought her paintings from all over. I have quite a few in my house. I took pictures of her "art barn." This is where she usually paints and displays her art work. I remember always playing in there as a kid.
Another place we always visit is the cemetery where my Dad and Grandpa and many family members are buried. I like to go to Dad's grave and remember memories that I have of him. I also like taking my kids there and talking about him with them.
Another place we always visit is the cemetery where my Dad and Grandpa and many family members are buried. I like to go to Dad's grave and remember memories that I have of him. I also like taking my kids there and talking about him with them.








5 comments:
Wow what a great holiday with family and friends, it looks like a great time i love the mud bog sign that is great, i bet peyton loves that bb gun he looks pretty grown up with it in his hands, i love seeing all your traditions and family pictures, thanks for sharing i am glad you were able to go see your family!
Seeing pictures of your dad's grave brought tears to my eyes...
I don't have any idea how difficult it must have been to lose your dad at such a young age. I'm so sorry. I'm glad you were old enough to have lots of memories of him to pass on to your kids. xoxo Robbie
The paintings in your pictures are beautiful!! That is so neat that you have some in your house. :!
Those pictures were wonderful. They brought back so many memories of the times that I spent with your Dad. I really love him. And I really love Aunt Tookie. I too remember spending quite a bit of time playing in her art barn when I was a child :)
This post was really sweet. Your dad was so kind to me when I first moved to Florida. I am sure you miss him tremendously, and I think it is wonderful that you tell stories of him to your children. We have Tookie paintings in our house too, and are so proud of them. She is an amazing artist!
Post a Comment