Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Jordan's Mission Call- December 27, 2008


Sydney and Peyton

I had Adam reenact his reaction to Jordan's call
Jordan reading his call! (We had Mark and Leslie on the phone)

Kevin, Amanda, Aunt Gwynn, and Uncle Ray


Peyton had caught a toad frog (they are always on our door step at night, you have to be careful not to step on them!)

We were fortunate enough to be in Florida when Jordan received his mission call. I have never been able to be there, when mission calls are read ( I am usually on the phone though). So this was very exciting. We were coming home from Tally (Tyler, Jonathan, and I) and Jordan was in his own truck. He drove right past the mail box, but I stopped and Jonathan even commented that it would be funny if Jordan's mission call was in there. And sure enough, I saw a big white envelope and there it was! We called everyone and everyone made it to our house in record time! It was fun and exciting and I am so grateful that Jordan has made the decision to serve the Lord! Oh, and he was called to the Monterrey Mexico Mission!

3 comments:

Darrington Family said...

Hey, you must be blogging the same time I am looking at your blog, because this post wasn't here a minute ago. Looks like you are having a great time in Florida! And CADE is enjoying my new camera. Since he tried out that Nikon, he can't put my new one down. Oh well! When are you coming home? We miss ya! Your pics are great! I told you you'd be professional in no time!! :0)

Becky Shuler said...

Melissa, I'm so glad you were all there when Jordan's mission call came. That is really special and such a blessing. Great pictures of your visit home. Glad you all had a great time. It was good seeing you. May will be here before you know it!

Katheryn said...

I am so excited for him! He is going to be a GREAT missionary!