


So this last week I had two really sick kids and one kid with some rare skin disease! I am not kidding! Landen began breaking out in this rash when we were in Florida for Christmas. We all thought he was having an allergic reaction to my mom's laundry detergent or something. But it kept getting worse and kept spreading after we returned home and I had washed all of his clothes with our detergent. So we took him to our doctor and he had no idea what it was. He gave us some cream and said that if it doesn't clear up, that we needed to take him to the dermotologist. We took him to the dermotologist on Tuesday and he called it something, I can't even pronounce it, and said that is was a skin disease that you don't see very often. He showed us some pictures of it and told us that it will go away in 6-8 weeks! They even took their own pictures of Landen's arms and legs and had his intern come in and see it. That same day I had taken Brynn to dance and dropped her off and when I came to get her, her teacher told me she was sick. I felt her head and she was hot!! Wednesday, I dropped Peyton off to school and they ended up calling me and telling me Peyton was now running a fever! I should definately get the "Mom of the Year" award. So it has been a long and draining week. Peyton and Brynn ended up having strep throat and couldn't hardly take their medicine without screaming and could only eat popscicles. Brynn always wanted me to lay by her and hold her hand and we just couldn't break Peyton's fever. I felt so bad for them because their throats were hurting so bad and there was really nothing we could do about it! The doctor had said that Brynn's throat looked so bad, it would make a grown adult cry. By Friday I was ready to go insane and complained a lot on the phone to my friend, Robbie, thanks by the way! I felt that I needed a sick day! By by Friday afternoon/evening they began to feel better and started acting like themselves!





10 comments:
You definitely deserve a sick day to yourself. Sorry your little ones haven't been feeling well. Hope they get better soon.
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry that they have all been so sick. It really is the worst when the kids are sick. I think it is just as hard for the Mom as it is for the child. I am really glad to hear they are feeling better though!!
You need a spa day! Go get a massgae. Shae will NOT take her medicine, so I melt otter pops and mix the medicine in those. I pour it back in the plastic and she just drinks it. She thinks she is getting a melted popsicle and I am not holding her down plugging her nose. It's great!
Hope they all are better and you get to have a normal life again. Sick kids are hard. Landen's legs look so sore. So sad!!! We will see you all next week sometime!!
yes, you do need a sick day for sure! tell tyler to take a day off so you can go out for your sick day! the kids are cute as ever!
Yikes! Strep throat is the pits... I hated it at 20! By the way... tried emailing you... but it got sent back... turns out the email I had from Shane wasn't right! Well... I tried! Join Facebook!Your kids r adorable!
Sounds like we need a girls night out! I'm glad your kids are better. I had no idea they were all sick. Thank you for helping me when you were having a hard time yourself! You really are awesome, Melissa! I read the post about your father...I know he's proud of you!Thanks for being such a good friend!!
You might want to try leaving out the dryer sheets when doing the laundry...maybe that will help Landen's skin disease...hehehe!!...ya never know! : )
i can't compare myself with one to you with three but if if makes you feel any better, we've been dealing with the junk over here at our house too, not just nanna who i can give whatever, but me too who can't take a dang thing. but you win mom of the year in my book. one thing we love at our house to help with fevers is peppermint essential oil on the bottom of the feet, down the spine, on base of neck, and on forehead. ours we use straight, but dilluting is a good idea. on the throat feels nice for sore throats too. call me if you want more info or have ty ask jon. if landon breaks out again in relation to laundry, try adding some apple cider vinegar to your laundry, it balances the PH. i do that when i have a hive break out.
if you want the good stuff then i can either have jon bring some back from ut from his dad who is a dist. or i can get some from one of my clients, i can't remember how much it is off the top of my head though. or you can get an ok brand from the nutrition center in town, just ask them for peppermint essential oil. give me a jingle and let me know. jon will be coming through ut on fri. with chris, so he might be able to stop and get it then.
Post a Comment