Sunday, August 9, 2009

Crop Planes





One of the joys and excitement of living in the country is waking up most mornings to the sound of a crop plane spraying the crops around your house. We are surrounded on all sides by farms so this is a regular occurrence for us. Last year Peyton was TERRIFIED of these planes. They fly so low to the ground, I sometimes think that they are going to hit the top of our house. I think it was the noise that Peyton was scared of because they are very loud. But this year he told me he was scared of them because he didn't want to get sprayed by them because it could be poisonous. He has done better this year. He still doesn't want to be outside when they are spraying. But last year he wouldn't even go out if they were within a mile or two radius of our house. This plane was coming straight at us the other day, so Peyton wanted to take pictures of it. I thought for sure it was about to hit the power lines one time, but of course it didn't. Country life is great!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I used to work for a crop duster, and I would flag in the fields and fill up the air plane. One day I heard (recently) the air plane outside our house, and I thought... I my gosh! I am late for work. I think Peyton & McKade would love to crawl up on the wings of one and check one out. :D