



So I guess that I sometimes forget things about my youngest child. I forget what year he was born, how much he weighed, etc. Well, I will be able to remember the day that he hit his 18 month mark (he's a little early). I just remember with Peyton that 18 months to about 2 1/2 years was the hardest for me. And now, Landen as well has proven that to be true. Peyton was into everything and was hard to keep track of, just busy, busy. Landen was quite mischevious today, and caused me a lot of extra work, that I didn't have time to do. This morning, I was trying to do my school work, with all of my kids up under me, all of them, except Landen of course, and then I go to look for Landen because he was being awfully quite and I find him in the bathroom, with wet toilet paper all over the floor. Well, at least the toilet was clean, right? Looking on the bright side? Later that day, I was talking to Robbie and while I was on the phone with her, Landen had dumped a whole sippy cup of strawberry milk on my recently mopped (yesterday) floors. I could have screamed, but didn't b/c I figured Robbie wouldn't like that too much. Well after chatting for a bit, I realize that Landen is once again M.I.A. And where do I find him? He is in the kid's bathroom, and once again has wet toilet paper all over the floor, so he runs out holding a soaking wet washcloth, that I assume he dumped in the toilet too, which he is SUCKING ON! I freak out and take it away from him and then he tries to suck on his soaking wet shirt, so I strip his clothes off. And then I say a prayer and pray that the toilet was clean and that one particular little girl happened to for once flush after she went pee. No such luck, yep, there was pee in potty, and Landen is soaked in it, and is trying to drink it! There ya go! I thought I was going to throw up. So I threw him and Brynn in the bath (so she could tell me if he tried anything mischievous), and went to mopping and cloroxing everything! This blog is so therapeutic for me! Stay tuned I may have more "happenings" as the day goes on! That I will just add to this post!










6 comments:
As I was reading I was wondering if it was going to be too gross to tell you that I once found MaKendrie dipping and sucking water out of the toilet that HER dear sister had not flushed... but then you went there and so yes, I can share too. She lived and I, too made it without throwing up!
You weren't exaggerating...the strawberry milk was as bad as you said! :)
Oh my goodness!!! Sorry you are having such a bad day. Is it any consulation that he is really really cute? Layton will be hitting that stage in just a few months and it is going to be CRAZY. Not looking forward to cleaning up all the messes.
Melissa --- I had to laugh. Probably because I need a laugh. :D
Sorry you had to clean up... I really don't miss those days. You certainly have you hands full.
I am sure you need a vacation... I would love on too!! But not in this weather. :D
Thanks for the cookies.... the kids were so glad to see them.
that was a great post. i'm curious to see how my 2nd one is going to be. but im so glad you took pics of it all b/c then you look back at it in retrospect and laugh, then show him down the road when he has kids of his own doing that and be able to say, "see who they got it from!" how can you get mad at them when they give you those smiles like the one in the tub.....doesn't it just irk ya. :) then make ya giggle to yourself.
OH MY! I'm sorry I was laughing so hard at that! I found Reese dipping her piece of bread in the toilet one day and then sucking on the bread and dipping again! Crazy kids!
It was fun hanging out the other night! Wish you could have stayed longer. Good luck on your paper.
I got the Scentsy stuff in. Call me if yor in town or drop by!
Post a Comment