Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sweet 16 Party


Robbie had to smear Peanut butter on her feet and eat it on a piece of bread.
Chris's humongous dog had to lick peanut butter from Gina's face!
Robbie had to drink this concoction made from drinkable items from Chris's fridge. I think it had soy milk,
Robbie looked like she was going to puke before she had even drank it.
What made it even better is that the drink began to separate! With soy milk curds included!


The dog that licked Gina's face, I have never seen such a HUGE dog

Holly got to pick someone to put a tattoo on and she choose Emy
Chris had a raw egg put in her mouth and she had to swish it around to "scramble" it. I was gagging when she did this.

Michelle had to hold whatever we decided to put in her hands for a full round. We really loaded her up.

Emy's mom had to make a toilet paper hat and wear it the whole time (I loved her pajamas!)



Emy had to hold water in her hands for a whole round



Gina telling her boyfriend story, which was hilarious!
Chris's house

(I took ALL of these pictures from Robbie's blog, she does such a great job editing, I don't have to do a thing!) (I won't do this again...for awhile at least! :) Thanks Robbie!)
I was invited to the most unique Sweet 16 birthday party last week. We had a birthday party in honor of Hanah Darrington who past away nine years ago at the age of seven. She suffered from a rare terminal disease. Her mom, Emy had six children and five out of the six all suffer from this disease. She has lost her daughter Hannah and a son, Ryan (who past away three weeks after Hannah). Emy is a great example of endurance and faith to all of us. Chris Hansen and Robbie thought it would be fun to throw a Sweet sixteen party in honor of Hannah for Emy. It was such a fun night. We showed up in our pajamas and told boyfriend stories (which were hilarious), played truth-or-dare, and watched a slide show with pictures of Hannah. Tyler and I had Rachael and Rebeccah in our primary class last year and they are such a joy to be around. They are both in wheelchairs, but you can make them laugh and their smiles are so sweet. They even hand down some of their clothes to Brynn, which she loves. Emy always has them dressed so adorable and their hair is always fixed so cute. I was able to babysit them a few years ago and I was scared to death, but it was such a great experience for Peyton and I. Even though Peyton(who was a toddler at the time) almost pulled out Rachel's feeding tube. He still remembers that and says hey to them when he sees them. Emy is such a great example! Thanks Robbie and Chris for the great party!

2 comments:

Ben and Robbie and family said...

You know I have, and will continue to, steal your pictures.

I don't think I'll be brave enough to play truth or dare for another 10 years. Of course, you wouldn't mind, because you snuck out the door before you had to sit in the pond...

Katheryn said...

That is just so sweet. I can't imagine having to go through what your friend did. She must be an amazing person.