Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Empire State Building







The black building is Madison Square Garden


See that huge green area in the towards the back of the picture? That is Central Park







You can see the Statue of Liberty towards the back of this picture too. She is on an island.


All I can say is New York is HUGE! One funny thing...we decided to skip the long lines to the elevators and walk up like six flights of stairs so we could get to the top and we did the same thing going down. We were beginning to head down and this lady stops me when she sees I am going to go down the stairs and she insists, very strongly that I cannot go down the stairs, that I should take the elevator. I tried to tell her that I had just walked up these stairs but she kept on and on. I just turned around and walked away as she was still talking. She really felt strongly about pregnant women walking down six flights of stairs. We averaged walking about ten miles a day on this vacation, so I think I could handle some stairs.

No comments: