
















One thing I can say about our first day in Washington is that is was HOT!!! We all said that we wouldn't complain because when we got home to Idaho it would be cold and rainy, but it sure made it hard to walk as much as we did. Arlington Cemetery was very pretty and peaceful. I have to say that I have always been patriotic and have always been proud and grateful to live in the country that we do, but before I this trip I really didn't realize how much of a sacrifice other people have had to make for me to enjoy the freedoms that I do. When you go to these cemeteries and see the rows and rows of graves of those who have given their lives in the service of this country, it is a very humbling experience. You just can't imagine how many people have died for us. It is one thing to hear a number of total deaths in a war and it is quite another to actually see the headstones and graves. It was a great experience!









No comments:
Post a Comment