Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cattle Branding-Warning: This post is not for the animal lovers out there!





The boys got in on the action








Yeah, you don't want to know what that is...let's just say the boy cows will be "mooing" a little bit differently. I got that thrown on me a couple of times by Lee...nice.


















Dallin and Jennifer's boy ( I am horrible at names, Riley I think?)

Another one of Dallin and Jennifer's boys


The girls were done after awhile and wanted to play in the house.







Cute little cowboys!
Lee went out to give Tyler his cowboy hat...it made for better pictures!



This year for Spring Break we just stayed close to home. We were really excited to get invited to Lee and Shanna's and help with cattle branding. You would think that my kids were going to Disney World, with the amount of excitment they showed when they knew we were going out to their house. It is so nice where they live. They pretty much live out in the middle of nowhere and the kids can just play and not have to worry about getting on a road and in a ditch or anything. We had lunch and then the guys headed out to round up the cattle into a corral. Tyler was able to help. It was really exciting to watch. They had to rope the calves and pull them out of the herd. And man, would those mamma cows get mad! Lee was really nice to try and include us in all the activities. He asked me if I wanted to rope and I said "No way." I have a hard enough time trying to ride a horse, much less trying to rope too. Tyler and I did go on a little ride after the branding was done. Tyler was enlisted as one of the "cowboys" who had to rope the calves. For his first time he did pretty good, I think he actually pulled in a couple of cows. Peyton helped hold the calves down and also sprayed iodine on them. I even helped give a couple of the calves a shot. Brynn stood in the pin and wasn't scared in the least bit. She and Landen almost got trampled a couple of times and it kind of made me nervous. But the kids and Tyler and I had a blast. It was fun hanging out with everyone and enjoying the great outdoors. The kids were sunburned before the day was done and even though we smelled of dirt, dust, and burnt cow hair afterwards...it was still a ton of fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are some great pictures! You seriously need to open up a photography shop. And btw, we will have to come down and visit sometime because Grant needs to have another photoshoot and we need some up to date family pictures as well. Keep up the great pics!