Since we have had so much rain lately, Peyton wanted to go out and catch night crawlers around our house. I have never been worm huntin' so I wanted to tag along and see what it is all about. And believe it or not, there is an art to catching these night crawlers! First, you have to be really quiet because they can hear sounds. And second, you have to step very lightly because they can feel vibrations and they will quickly dig into their holes. And they are fast! Especially the really fat ones! And third you have to grab the lighter end first (the dark end in the head) because that is the end that will go into the hole first. Anyways, Peyton did great, actually better than me. And since it is still too cold for Tyler to go fishing, let's just say that our chickens will feast like royalty tomorrow! Hungry, anyone?
Monday, May 26, 2008
Worm Huntin'
Since we have had so much rain lately, Peyton wanted to go out and catch night crawlers around our house. I have never been worm huntin' so I wanted to tag along and see what it is all about. And believe it or not, there is an art to catching these night crawlers! First, you have to be really quiet because they can hear sounds. And second, you have to step very lightly because they can feel vibrations and they will quickly dig into their holes. And they are fast! Especially the really fat ones! And third you have to grab the lighter end first (the dark end in the head) because that is the end that will go into the hole first. Anyways, Peyton did great, actually better than me. And since it is still too cold for Tyler to go fishing, let's just say that our chickens will feast like royalty tomorrow! Hungry, anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I am not a worm fan so that is DISGUSTING!-
Kenna
That boy looks just like you Melissa! It is so funny! He is too cute! All of them are! I love looking at your blog. I just made my own blog, check it out. Cayla's Corner on blogspot!
Hey! Thanks so much for getting me into this. I just loved reading yours and Leslie's so much that I had to create one of my own. My family loves it!!! Your kids are too cute. They look alot like you.....I see Tyler too though....
Post a Comment