Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Tradition





Every Memorial Weekend we go with the Tyler's family and visit all the graves of family members and decorate them with flowers. I love this tradition! The kids enjoy it alot. It is funny, because we go to about four different cemetery and at each cemetery they remember something fun there is to do there. For instance, at the Burley Cememtery there is a cement platform, that looks like a mini theater that they like to play on and in the Rupert Cemetery there are big trees, where they can play in their "hide-outs." The kids also get to see and talk about those relatives that they didn't get to meet in this life. It is nice to think about and remember those who have passed on before us. That is what Memorial Day is all about!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

LESLIE said...

Why don't you just say it! We're lame here in Florida! That is a pretty cool thing to do with the kids. Love the pics of Landen! What a handsome little boy! I love the picture of all the cousins...again, I'm filled with envy! I love the boys on one side and the girls on the other. Too cute!