Saturday, September 21, 2013

Maui Hawaii...Old Lahaina









































We were in Maui for about 6 days. Most of the days we drove to different beaches to snorkel and play at the beach. We saw some amazing fish and coral while we snorkeled. By far, one of the most favorite things we did on the trip. The turtles scared the living daylights out of me because of their sheer mass and the fact that they would sneak up on you and you wouldn't see them until they were right by you or under you. Every night we would go to Old Lahaina and eat and walk the streets and look in the shops. We also ate so many Shaved Ice that I lost count. We discovered that they would put vanilla ice cream in the bottom of them for free and it was HEAVEN! My most favorite restaurant that we ate at was called "Cheeseburgers." It was so yummy, had the most amazing Korean rib salad I had EVER eaten. ( I have since been scouring the internet looking for the recipe). We ate so much yummy food, seafood especially. The guys went boogie boarding one day in some of the biggest waves I have ever seen. They all crashed hard and came home with some injuries but thought it was a lot of fun. It was one of the best vacations I have been on. If Hawaii was the only place I ever go for the rest of my life I will die a happy woman!

No comments: