Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mya Kaye



This was my personal miracle!!




















Dad, Peyton, and Landen came and visited us the next morning on their way to Brynn's dance performance.





Well, our pretty little lady finally decided to join us. I went in Friday morning about seven to get induced. They started my pit about eight and she was born by 2:16 that afternoon. That was definitely the fasted labor I have had. It was great. I got my epidural quickly, I even was able to get the anything-but-short-of-a-miracle pump, where I could pump up my dose of epidural as soon as I felt pain. I have to say that modern medicine is AMAZING! I was kind of slow progressing and my nurse kept warning me that I would probably be in labor for awhile. I was fine with it though because of course I had my epidural and my saint of a husband had brought his laptop and we were able to get some episodes in of Prison Break (we are obsessed).
We had some scares along the way. Little Mya decided to put her hand over her face and head, so the doctor had to come in and try and get her to move her arm. She finally moved it and things were good. And then my nurse noticed that after every contraction her heart rate would go down, so she was worried about that. She of course had to get me ready for the idea of maybe having to have a C-section in case the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck, which at the time they thought that was the case. I of course asked for a tummy tuck and to have my tubes tied in case I had to go into surgery :) (I am totally half-way kidding)So I think it was around one or one-thirty they checked me and I was dilated to about a seven. They come in a little while later and start taking all the baby scales and beds out of my room, saying the lady next door was getting ready to deliver (we had been placing bets on who was going to go first...my doctor was suppose to deliver both of us). Anyways, as they were taking the baby stuff out, I started feeling "the pressure" and knew that it was time to push. They thought I was joking because I was only a seven, but then they quickly realized that the baby was coming fast. So they hurried and pulled all the baby stuff back into my room and the doctor hurried in to deliver me first and had to rush out of the room and deliver the other lady.
Mya was 7 pounds, 8 ounces of perfection. She was 19 1/2 inches long. She even came out with chubby cheeks and long fingers and toes. When they discharged us from the hospital her bilirubin level was kind of high, so we had to take her in this morning to get her rechecked and her levels were higher, so we have to take her back tomorrow.
Mark and Savanna were awesome and came and stayed the night and helped out a ton with the kids. Savanna helped them make a cake for Mya when she came home from the hospital. We had a lot of visitors at the hospitals and tons of calls and meals. I appreciate EVERYTHING!
The kids absolutely love her. Peyton can't stop kissing her head and saying how cute she is. He and Landen woke up at 6:30 this morning and I asked him why they were awake so early and Peyton said that he just kept waking up and thinking about the baby and he couldn't go back to sleep because he wanted to see the baby. Brynn and Landen want to help out whenever they can and are really big helpers. We are all just glad she is here!

5 comments:

Kenna said...

Oh, she's beautiful! Love, love those chubby little cheeks! I've been patiently waiting for you to post- not like you have anything else going on.
I haven't wanted to call and bug you but I've kept updated from those that have talked to you. I hear you have meals planned out for awhile but I still want to bring one so I'll have to call you in the next couple of days.
Can't wait to hold and snuggle her! Makes me wish my guy wasn't still three months away!

Becky Shuler said...

Welcome to the world, Mya Kaye! Melissa, she is BEAUTIFUL and congratulations to you and your family! Your Mom was so proud to announce how happy and proud she is that Mya is here, safe and sound. It was sweet to see your Mom hold Kinsley at church. We are so glad for you. Enjoy her every second...Luke is already 8 months old and seems so grown up! The time flies! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful Melissa! Can't wait to snuggle her! I'll see you on Tuesday!

LESLIE said...

Well, since Peyton and Landen want to see her so bad I would make them take a shift at night! : ) She is every bit as beautiful as I knew she would be. I hope the lines on her arms mean she's gonna be a rubber band baby!!! Those are the best kind! That's the only way I know how to make 'em!

Brooke said...

She is so beautiful and I absolutely love the name! I love her fuzzy hair in her just born pics. Newborns are so precious!