Sunday, February 15, 2009

Library Books- February 10


Peyton brought home his first library book this last week. I was so proud of him! It has been a struggle to get him to sit down and read his lists and books every night! He says that he hates reading and he especially hates doing school stuff when he is at home. But we have been plugging along and slowly but surely I can see his reading skills improving. He was so excited to check out a library book and to come home and read it to me. He said that a kid on the bus had just read it to him, so I think most of it was memorized. But at least he is trying!

2 comments:

Katheryn said...

Dallin's "reading" is mostly just memorization too. But like you said, at least he is trying! I'm sure Peyton is doing great at it and it won't be long and he'll be reading like a pro.

Mindy said...

Congratulations Peyton!! Wahoo!!! What an accomplishment. McKade asked me the other night when school would be out "forever"? Oh man....it's a little early in his education for that question.

McKade & Peyton are two of a kind... they like to be outdoors.