Monday, October 13, 2008

Winter Wonderland...Yeah Right!


Putting the Florida boy to work!


We had to shovel snow off our tramp so it wouldn't cave in and break!

You couldn't even see our porch



You can imagine my disgust and horror as we woke up Saturday morning to already a couple of inches of snow and it was still snowing! I couldn't believe it, I mean come on, it's October for crying out loud! I don't know why I am still shocked when it snows out of season. I remember the first birthday I had when I was first married, it snowed. And my birthday is May 20th! I just wanted to cry and fly home to the warm sunshine in Florida. I mean I usually go to the beach for my b-day and here I was pregnant, and huddled under blankets to stay warm. No fair! So I still don't understand why I am still surprised when it snows, say in October! Needless to say, my kids had a blast playing in it. I couldn't get pics because I was away at a volleyball tournament, so I wasn't here. Oh, and by the way it kept snowing all day! I am not sure how much we got in all, but it was more snow then I have seen since I lived here for sure! All of my volleyball girls were sooo excited that it was snowing...I figured they are sixteen years old, so maybe in sixteen years I will be just as excited as they were to see snow! I can just here all of you in Florida laughing at this!

6 comments:

Katheryn said...

And to think I was just complaining about sweating outside when I went to get Dallin from school. Maybe instead I should be counting my blessings :)

jeff and char said...

crazy weather, i could'nt believe the snow, it was amazing!

JenLogue said...

Actually, I'm not laughing at you. I'm a lil jealous. I love the snow!!

KYLIA said...

We'd like just the chill that comes off from the snow please...it's hot down here!!! Yet ANOTHER reason you should come home!! :)

ssh said...

i feel you. i'm a beach snot too. the snow is pretty to look at from the inside only!

Wade Mccoy said...

WOW thats so crazy.I cant believe its already snowing. I couldnt imagine it. Its sooooo hott here and its only going to be getting even hotter here in Argentina. Well I just wanted to drop that little line. I love yall. Have fun in the snow. Love,

(Uncle) Elder Wade McCoy