Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5K Run!


Before the race

After the race


Landen and Brynn liked swinging on the tire swing!

Peyton climbing the rope





Mackendrie

Brynn and Sherae


I ran my first 5K run ever, on Saturday! The Barn was having a fund raiser for a local ward and they were having the 5k and all kinds of other activities for the family. There was a two-man challenge course, the was HARD! Robbie and I competed and we placed second... out of three teams! I have to say that Robbie is a machine and never gets tired physically. And I, on the other hand was about to collapse from exhaustion, but she kept me going! Anyways, the 5k went well. I had to stop alot. And Robbie kicked my and Kenna's trash. She was a machine there as well. Kenna didn't stop at all either, she was able to keep the same pace the whole time! I was amazed. I hadn't been able to run for the last two weeks, because Tyler has been gone, so I was feeling the pain! Anyways, it was fun. After the race and the obstacle course, the kids played and we listened to the contestants for the Barn Idol. And man, could those people sing! It was a lot of fun chatting with friends and enjoying the nice weather!

5 comments:

Katheryn said...

Wow, I'm so impressed! I really need to get off my butt and start excercising. Nathan loves to do 5ks. Maybe I should sign up for one with him and try to start training for it!

Bare Foot Citizen said...

Do I need to remind you of the basketball game at Robert F. Monroe?? I would not describe you as a cardio fittness queen...it's cute that you're trying! : ) hahaha!!

Ben and Robbie and family said...

I'm glad you forgot to mention that time right after the race when I was lying on the ground, half-dead from exhaustion- while you and Kenna were skipping around, munching on french fries and maple bars. :)

I'm so glad we did it! Thanks for motivating all of us. If you ever need a job, you have plenty of options (event planner, photographer, personal trainer, etc).

Becky Shuler said...

Wow, Melissa. That is amazing! Good for you - I'm so impressed! You go girl!

Oh we are so excited. Joseph is taking off work for Kailyn and Jonathan's wedding next Friday. So we'll see y'all at the temple! We can't wait! Have a safe trip!

Ericka said...

It was so fun to see you there and I am so impressed that you did both the 5K and the challenge course!!! Give yourself some credit girl!