I have been dreading writing this post. I feel it is necessary and something I want to keep in my blog book forever. My good friend, Krissy and her family lost their little girl this last weekend in a tragic accident. I have no words to even describe the way I feel and this community feels. When Robbie called me to tell me that Jayci was missing and to get down to the house she was last seen at, my first thoughts were, "well, that is Jayci." I didn't know her as well as I should have. I am good friends with her mom and when all of us friends get together, we tend to prefer it without our kids. You know, some quiet time. So sometimes I feel like I know my friends really well, but go a long time without seeing their kids. I did keep Jayci one time for Krissy and I remember that she just cried and cried. I was trying to cook dinner, so I had to cook it with her on my hip. The one thing I knew Jayci for was her wild hair! She had the prettiest dark, curly hair and it was crazy!! I always loved the stories Krissy would tell us and put on her blog about Jayci. They called her "the beast" if that tells ya something. She was a typical 16-month old...always into everything...and always busy, busy. I would always see Layne with her out in the hallway at church and he would just be following her around, wherever her little legs would take her. This experience has been horrible, devastating, and amazing all at the same time. Krissy and Layne have been soooo great during this whole ordeal. They understand that it was a part of a plan that we don't quite understand yet. Krissy has been a support and an example to each of us. I am always so down when I am constantly thinking about it during the day, and when I go visit her and see her..I feel better. I know that they are suffering and that we cannot comprehend what they are going through. But they are staying strong and I am so glad that I have been close enough to Krissy to witness this firsthand. It has changed me, as well as everyone in our little community. That night when we were looking for Jayci, there were sooo many people there and it seems like people just kept showing up throughout the night. I mean, hundreds of people and a lot of people who were there had no idea who Krissy, or Layne, or Jayci were, but they were there helping. As I was walking and looking, I was kind of on a hill and I could see all of the people who were scattered all around looking for her and it was amazing. I heard the search planes above my head and I actually got chill bumps on my arms when I thought about the love and support this community shows to one another. People can knock small towns all they want, but there is no way I would EVER live anywhere else. Jayci will be missed and we all will feel a little bit emptier because she is not with us, but I know her parents will be supported throughout this and that our Heavenly Father will strengthen them. I am so grateful for honor and privilege I had of getting a little glimpse of heaven through Jayci. I have learned that life is short and that we should cherish every moment with our family and friends!!! Everyone please keep this wonderful family in your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment