Thursday, September 23, 2010

Visiting Robbie




So a whole group of us girls (8 of us to be exact) decided to go and visit Robbie in SLC. We feel so helpless up here and we wanted to feel like we were doing SOMTHING, to help her. So we planned a trip to go down and take Robbie out to dinner (Cafe Rio). I wasn't sure how she was going to like being around us. I know that when you are stressed about your kid then there isn't much that can take your mind off that. But we had a great night! There was a lot of laughter and tears, but it was so great. Robbie is an AMAZING person and even when she is at her lowest, she can still pick you up when you are around her. We didn't get home until about 2 in the morning and I had a Ward Harvest dinner the next day, but it was totally worth the sleep deprivation! Thanks girls for a great night!

3 comments:

Krissy said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. Truly a night I'll never forget. As Layne would say it was one of my favorite "yenta fests" ever. LOL. :)

jeff and char said...

thanks for the pictures it was a night to remember

Darrington Family said...

Melissa, you are seriously the kind of friend every one needs! It was a super fun night!!! So good to see Robbie laugh! We need to go once a week. :0)