Saturday, May 22, 2010

Crazy, Crazy!





Landie kept asking, "Ride my horse?" He was ready to saddle up and go for a ride. No fear, people...no fear!


So I turned the big 2-7 the other day. I have not been looking forward to this birthday, but I guess that it is how it is going to be and is just going to get worse every year. I had a great day though. Tyler cooked me breakfast in the morning and woke Peyton up for me and let me sleep in for a few extra minutes. The kids were really good that day and I was not as sick as I have been. My friends and family called and emailed and it was so sweet of everyone to think of me that day. I had told Tyler not to get me anything because we are going to New York this week and I would rather buy something there. But when he came home he had a gift bag and an envelope to give me. He told me to open the envelop first so I opened it and in it was a certified paper of some sort. I couldn't understand what it was and as I was reading I saw that word, Bay Gelding in there and some other stuff and I thought, well that is a type of horse but this must be something else. I looked at him with a dumb expression on my face and then he was told me to look in the bag and sure enough, there was a halter and a curry comb in there. I was like did you get me a HORSE for my birthday? He just had a funny look on his face. After a while of this going on, he finally persuaded me that this wasn't a joke and that he really had gotten me a horse. What is funny is that this horse was born on my birthday. Tyler had a softball game that night and we went out to eat as a family and went and watched Tyler play ball. It was a great birthday and I have to say I have never been surprised like that before, EVER! My husband is so sweet. It ended up that he had a friend that was wanting to give the horse away and had asked Tyler if he wanted a horse. I had told Tyler years ago that we should get horses to put in our pasture and have them to ride and things. He remembered me telling him that and I also use to go riding when I was younger with a family friend and me and my best friend, Nikki totally went through an obession with horses. I think that I read every horse book I could get my hands on. Anyways, we are all excited and Tyler rode him today and said that he is a great horse. I guess I will have to wait until next year after I have this baby to get to ride him. Oh, and he has the wierdest name because he use to be a race horse, "We all love Larry" is his name. I am still in the process of coming up with a better name than that!

2 comments:

Kenna said...

A horse? Are you serious! That's so funny- my mom would probably love to adopt you.
I'm the lamest friend in the world who never called on your b-day. Robbie and I even talked about it that morning and I still never called. Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Glad to see you had a great day!

Melanie said...

Hey Melissa it has been forever since I got to talk to ya. What an awesome birthday present, love the name. :)